Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slap-gate passe, Sreesanth wishes Harbhajan well in IPL

New Delhi, Apr 13 (PTI) The slap-gate episode is no longer in S. Sreesanth's mind and the Kerala pacer has no qualms in wishing Harbhajan Singh a good performance in the second Indian Premier League starting on April 18.
Sreesanth said being a Kings XI Punjab player he considers himself a Punjabi and would wish Harbhajan all the best in the IPL.

"I wish all the best to him (Harbhajan). At the end of the day he is a Sardar and I am also a Punjabi as I am playing for Kings XI Punjab. So I wish him all the best in the IPL. He is just like my brother," said Sreesanth, who has been ruled out of the IPL due to a back injury, in a teleconference.

The Kerala pacer was also not considered for India's 30-member Twenty20 World Cup preliminary squad because of the back injury but Sreesanth is thinking of being able to bowl in the semifinal or final of the IPL if Kings XI Punjab reach that far.

"I am flying down to South Africa tomorrow, will meet team physio Patrick Farhart there. I will have an MRI or bone scan done and see how much I have recovered. You never know I may be bowling in the semifinals or final," said Sreesanth, who will be the mentor and community face of the team.

Sreesanth, however, is confident he would have recovered fully by the time of Champions Trophy in September-October in South Africa and he is targeting to get back into the Indian team in that tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

News, Videos and Photos of IPL-2009

Labels